Making Changes To Existing Court Orders

Even with effective counsel and the most detailed agreement, not all circumstances can be predicted and planned for. Your family may grow, your career or health may change, or other unusual circumstances may arise that require a change to your original agreement, including a request to relocate the children.

I am Naples attorney Beverly L. Brennan of the Law Offices of Beverly L. Brennan, P.A. With over 30 years of experience, I can help you modify your agreements or guide you through the process of asking the court to make a modification which preserves your essential relationships, accommodates present conditions and allows room for growth.

Relocating With Children

Florida has very specific laws about relocation with children. The parent who wants to relocate must develop a proposed plan that will maintain the child’s relationship with the other parent, who can then accept or reject it. If it is rejected, a court will make the decision whether to permit the relocation.

These can be among the most difficult cases to handle, as many factors must be considered, including the reason for the relocation, the possible effect it will have on the child’s relationship with the non-relocating parent, the involvement of each parent in the child’s life and the new living situation. Let me provide the professional assistance you require.

Adjusting Child Support Orders And More

Children’s issues such as support, custody, visitation and parenting plans are the most common types of modifications requested. Alimony can rarely be modified, and only under limited circumstances.

Modification may be needed due to increased or decreased income, unexpected expenses related to a child or a change in one parent’s living situation, health or drug or alcohol abuse. Modifications can be quite simple when both parties are in agreement as to the need for a modification, or they can require mediation or court intervention.

Learn More In A Consultation With Me

When your family’s needs have changed and outgrown your current divorce or child custody agreement, call 239-207-3051, toll free at 239-207-3051 or simply contact me, lawyer Beverly L. Brennan, online. I’m ready to talk with you about parental relocation, custody modifications and related issues today.