Were Your Kids Removed From Your Home?

For a parent, there are few things more traumatic or frightening than having your children forcibly removed from your care. If your kids were taken by the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF), don’t despair.

Instead, turn to me, Beverly L. Brennan. As a Naples-based attorney with three decades of legal experience, I know exactly how the system works. I also know what it takes to allay the DCF’s concerns and get children returned to their parents.

I am one of only a handful of lawyers in the area who regularly handles juvenile dependency cases like this. Let me advise and assist you today. Call me at 239-207-3051.

Why The DCF Steps In

The DCF’s goal is to ensure that kids are safe, healthy and well-cared for. Because of this, it will intervene in situations where a child is:

  • Born addicted to illegal drugs
  • Being physically abused
  • Abandoned by his or her parents
  • Neglected, including not having access to medical care or education

In the worst case scenarios, the state will attempt to terminate parental rights. In many situations, however, the DCF will simply strive to help parents conquer their substance abuse issues, find a safe place to live or overcome other obstacles.

What You Need To Do

What it takes to get your kids returned depends on your specific situation. You may need to attend an alcohol rehabilitation program, complete certain classes or take other action.

If it’s not possible for you to raise your children in a safe and healthy environment, it may be possible to have them placed with a particular family member whom you trust instead of with strangers.

Of course, it’s possible that the state overreacted, and you didn’t deserve to lose your kids in the first place. In this case, you need an advocate who can fight to get them returned immediately.

Contact Me As Soon As Possible

Learn about your options. Call the Law Offices of Beverly L. Brennan, P.A., at 239-207-3051 or toll-free at 239-207-3051. You can also reach my Collier County office by email. I’m standing by to help.