June 2019 Archives

How to protect yourself financially from a spiteful spouse

There is a bitter irony in the fact that engagement month in December is swiftly followed by the season of divorce in January. This may also be the month when many divorcing breadwinners in Florida begin to waste marital assets to reduce the value of assets that should be divided with their spouse. From gambling to spending money on lovers, no act is too low for these people.

Should I put the father's name on my child's birth certificate?

If you are no longer in a relationship with the other parent of your newborn child, it's likely that you will have many questions and concerns as a single mother. One of the first legal decisions that you will have to make regarding your child is what information to display on the birth certificate. As the child's mother, you have the sole right to decide on this information if you are not married or have not otherwise established paternity.

When parents want their children back

For better or worse, the most important relationship children in Florida have is with their parents. Not all parent-child relationships are healthy, which may result in forcible separation. Neglect and abuse are the most common reasons for this. In other instances, criminal convictions or the death of parents may result in the need to appoint a new guardian.

Email Attorney Brennan

Contact Me To Arrange A Consultation Call 239-207-3051 or fill out the form below to schedule a consultation regarding your family law concerns.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

map icon


Beverly L. Brennan, P.A.
5150 Tamiami Trail North
Suite 602
Naples, FL 34103

Toll Free: 877-482-5176
Phone: 239-963-8895
Naples Law Office Map